Monday, March 1, 2010

A portrait of the people

I would like to write about one of my friends Lacey, is from Florida, The United States. It was last hot summer when we met first time. We were same group of “Kyoto Tour”. We went to Kyoto together and visited Kiyomizu Temple, ate Okonomiyaki and famous green tea parfait (It was really great, I recommend you to try it while you are in Japan.). After Kyoto Tour, we are also keeping in touch and hanging out together.

I took this photo in front of fountain at Kansai Gaidai. It was sunny and hot day, so we ate lunch together there and talked a lot as usual. She is crazy about one of Japanese famous idol who is Yama-P. I don’t have interest in such idol (sorry, Lacey!), but I really like when she talk to me about Yama-P. I hope she can meet him someday. And also, we talked about “name” at the time. She was interested in Japanese name and said I want to get that. So my friends and I tried to think about her Japanese name. But we couldn’t find nice name then, so we will find and present Japanese nice name for her until when she leave Japan.

Recently we went to TSUTAYA and she bought manga to study Japanese. The manga that she bought was ONEPIECE which is most popular manga in Japan and also my most favorite manga. In that manga, there are many kanji but kana is also written above it, so it seems not so difficult for her to read it. Sometime she asked me what her unknown words, and I thought her that mean. I am glad to feel her Japanese is improving. On the other hand, she always helps my study English too. When I depressed about my English skill, she gave me positive words and encouraged me. It made me motivated to improve my ability of English more. I hope we help each other from now on too, and make a good relationship more!

1 comment:

  1. Good description of your friend, and I really like the portraits. They are interesting and seem to bring out the personality of Lacey. Very nice post.

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.